July 7, 2010

the month of June!

whew! It's been a while. I have decided to make this one GIANT post instead of doing a lot of small ones. Here is what we have been up to the past month+...

The first weekend in June, we had a WONDERFUL time celebrating an INCREDIBLE year of one of the dearest people we know, James Thomas Garrett in Galveston! We spent Friday night with James, Lindsay, her parents (Marilyn and Tom), James' dad (Jim), and Lindsay's sweet Granny in an awesome beach house that the Garretts rented for the weekend. We felt so honored to spend a night with the family on JT's actual birthday. It was definitely a special night that we will always remember. I remember every detail of JT's BIRTH day last year and it was a wonderful day. We look forward to all of the birthdays to come for that sweet boy! The party was over the top! Not a detail was missing. Lindsay did a great job planning everything. As for Greg, me, and Luke, we had so much fun. Luke LOVED the ocean and was a very good baby the entire time. We decided not to put him directly in the sand...I was afraid that I would never get it all out of his wounds which were not bandaged. What a great start to the month!






the birthday boy!

The following Tuesday, June 8, was a bittersweet day for the Jones'. We moved into our new house. Now, most people would ask why in the world was it bittersweet?? Well, the last 16 months have honestly been some of the BEST months of my life...for so many reasons...but the one I am referring to now is the fact that we lived across the street from our best friends. When I say across the street, I mean literally our front doors were less than 25 steps apart. I know God was in total control when we moved in to that house last February. There is no way I would have been able to get through this past year without Lindsay right there. I am already missing her walking through our front door 10 times a day. It was wonderful. We got to spend most of our pregnancy's together, went on millions of walks both pregnant and with our boys, ate sporadic dinner's together countless times, could run across the street in a time of need, in tears, without ever having to lift the phone, and I could even leave Luke sleeping in his own crib with the monitor across the street to run a quick errand! It was something so rare, just like our friendship is. Life at the new house has been great though. We have a lot more space, a pool for Luke to enjoy, and are still really close to our friends. We bought it back in March and spent the next few months renovating it. Greg is awesome at having a vision for renovations. The house looks great and I am so proud of him and his hard work! It was definitely stressful for him going to work everyday and playing project manager in every second of his spare time. I love you, Greg and our new home! I only have before pictures of the house, but will do a before/after post soon!

The next weekend, Julie, Lindsay, and I headed to Austin to celebrate Sarah's upcoming marriage! It was a MUCH NEEDED little get-a-way. I have only left Luke ONE night and it was to stay at Texas Children's Hospital with Lindsay and JT. (plus, Luke was in bed when I left and I was home EARLY in the AM :)) Greg held down the house and he and Luke had a great couple of days together. Austin was a blast. We stayed in a REALLY NICE house and spent the entire day lounging in the pool.


the beautiful bride
Jordan and her cute little bump...she is having a boy too!

The following Friday was Luke's 9 month check up. Dr. J said Luke's growth was impressive but his skills, not so much. We have known Luke was probably going to be a little behind. For some reason, EB babies develop a little slower than others. (EB moms: I still am not sure whyyyy???) He is not crawling, not going from laying down to sitting on his own, not saying many sounds, and not eating much other than baby food without gagging. He has extreme texture aversion. He IS super social and happy, can wave, clap (sometimes),and a JOY to be around! :) If by 10.5 - 12 months he has not advanced any in the physical department, we are going to start physical therapy at Texas Children's. I am a little nervous about it because Dr. J wants us to go 3 times a week...wow...what a commitment. Selfish, I know. Since that appointment, Luke has started saying the B and D sounds and will now eat baby goldfish without gagging or choking. I continue to give him lots of foods to try and he does ok with some of them. I also have started making some of his baby food so that he gets variety in his diet. He also started eating adult oatmeal with no choking! Every little accomplishment is a celebration around the Jones house! Here are his current stats
weight - 50%
height - 70%
he dropped a little in both since 6 months

NEXT...Kelsey came on June 18 and stayed for almost 17 days! It was good having her here. She will be back later in the Summer for another long stay. While she was here, we went to a birthday party, the Science Museum, shopped for dining room furniture and house stuff, went swimming, and had a little 4th of July get together. It went by so fast. I also went to a beautiful baby shower for a good friend, Melissa who is having a little boy in September!

Anna and Marshal also came and visited for the July 4th weekend. Greg and I always love when they come. They give Luke so much love and attention. Anna is great at helping care for him. She fed him just about every meal, bathed him, and even did his after bath routine by herself...blisters and all!! I really don't mind doing those things at all, but it is nice to have a break and know that a PEDIATRIC NURSE who happens to be his loving auntie is the one taking care of him! Who knows where God will take her career in the future, but I believe that God placed her in pediatrics at the right time. We love you Anna!



Well, that about sums up June. I'm sure I am forgetting something. I promise to be better about updates and promise they will be shorter!


1 comment:

  1. What a busy, but fun month! I can't wait to see the house renovation pictures. And I can see Luke's top two teeth trying to pop through in the first picture :o)

    ReplyDelete