January 16, 2012

a new year

brace yourself for a long, scattered post...

I don't typically do "resolutions." They bring too much pressure! :) I like to set a few attainable goals for the new year. One being more consistent blogging...even if they are short little 'blurbs.' I started getting sad thinking that I am not doing a good job documenting Luke's little days. I have already started taking more pictures! That is a start!

We closed out 2011 on a great note! Fall was good to us, we had a wonderful Christmas in Longview with family, and rang in the new year in New Orleans while Luke toasted his milk with his Kippy and Pappy in Longview. Greg and I are thankful that he loves his grandparents so much. He has so much fun with them. Mom said he is happy the entire time, never cries, and sleeps like a champ! All of those things make a mama feel good being away. A special THANK YOU to my sister, Anna (aka Auntie) for driving to Longview for a night to help with Luke's wound care. It's not a fun thing to do for anyone involved. Greg and I are thankful to have the time away especially knowing Luke is being cared for.....not by just an Auntie...an 'almost' nurse practitioner AND MOMMY! Yep! Luke will have a little cousin come March when baby Sutton arrives! We are all so excited to welcome a new baby boy to the family!










New Orleans







Luke is at such a fun age. He is 2 years 4 months. He talks our ears off and is learning new things every day. I am really trying hard to not take any of these days for granted with him. I have been feeling extra thankful lately. God is good to us. ( another "goal" for the year...offer up more thanks and complain less) I am currently re-reading Carole Lewis' book, 'A Thankful Heart.' A great, short read that reminds me to find contentment in EVERY situation...both the bad and good. Here are a few things we are thankful for today:

- Luke has been wearing REAL shoes!! Can you believe it?!? Greg and I were just saying yesterday, as we are watching Luke play at the park, that we weren't sure we would ever see this...playing at the park AND in tennis shoes! It sounds so simple, yet brings us joy! (it actually kind of makes me teary when I really think about what all he is doing) He doesn't give up.

- A sensitive soul. Luke has one. Greg has one. They are both very loving, very affectionate, very snuggly, and kind. Greg might be embarrassed when he reads this but it's true and I am grateful. It doesn't take much to "correct" Luke. He gets his feelings hurt VERY easily. Sometimes it's cute, other times it's not. :)

- Health. I was thinking the other day about how great it is that we have not spent much time at the doctor. I don't take this for granted. I am actually very surprised. I wonder if we can make it from his 2 year check up to his 3 year check up with no sick visits?? 8 months to go!

- Greg. He is wonderful. I love how he takes pride in our home...always wanting to have a -do it yourself- project to make something better. I love how he loves his family. I love our quality time. I just love him.

- my everyday life. our family. wonderful group of friends. Tuesday morning Bible study. my list could go on and on. It's good to focus on what we are thankful for. God likes it too!








Tiny Tots and Tunes (an 8 week music class at church) starts again next Friday! Luke is a music lover and now that he can fully participate he loves going! (and so do I) We have a lot of friends that also go so it's fun to all go have lunch afterwards! We look forward to Fridays!

Please say an extra prayer for Tripp's mommy and family. He went to be with Jesus on Saturday. He suffered from Junctional EB. You can follow his story here www.randycourtneytripproth.blogspot.com ( I don't know how to link...but their blog is also on my sidebar 'EBing a Mommy'




2 comments:

  1. GIRL! Luke is SO big. . . he looks like he is 5!!!!! Especially swinging his baseball bat. . .we must get together ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am thankful for YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about being thankful. Thanks for updating your blog. Luke looks so happy and big. He is such a cute boy.

    ReplyDelete