August 31, 2010

first day of school and a BIG milestone!

Let me start with the bigger news first! WE.HAVE.A.CRAWLER!!! a very slow and cautious one, but a crawler. He definitely is not one of those babies who "crawls all over the place" or that we have to keep a constant eye on in fear of him getting into something...yet. He takes his sweet little time and takes lots of breaks getting to where he wants to be. Greg and I are still VERY proud parents. I wanted him to be somewhat mobile before he started MDO, and he is! Yay! Which brings me to my next news...





Today was Luke's first day at Children's Day In. (MDO, to most) He will be going once a week for the school year. There are 8 other little ones in his class, two of which are future Baylor Bears...James Thomas and Ruthie Zboril (Lauren and Ron's little girl). The director of the school was so nice to let Luke in to the 'older' class. Most babies have April-September 1 birthdays. Luke's is September 6 (ONE WEEK FROM YESTERDAY!) At the time I signed Luke up for school, I had know idea about any possibilities of him being delayed with his gross motor skills and convinced the director that he was a big baby and should fit right in! haha... he has slowed down a bit with his growth since then and I think he is the only non walker in his specific class, but the teacher is wonderful and so accepting of Luke! Praise God.

He did great going today...went right in and saw a ball and was happy! I forgot his bunny that he HAS to have to sleep, so I brought it to school before lunch. It was fun popping in on him to see what he was doing. He was crawling around having a great time. The teacher told me that he had already finger painted and loved it. I loved having the artwork sent home today with him. My baby is growing up. I am so thankful today was a good experience and for the loving teachers that Luke has been placed with. They have been sweet about his condition and very flexible with our 'high maintenance baby.' :)

After school, Lindsay and I took the boys to Target to get a "prize" for being so good on their first day. They both got big balls to play with followed by a doozie cookie for Luke and ice cream for James Thomas. As I was leaving the mall, I felt SO blessed to be able to have the time I have with Luke and to be able to share it with wonderful friends. Pretty special, huh!?

Here are some pics from the day... Luke's outfit is a little big but Kippy just got it for him for his first day so he just HAD to wear it. :)



Here are some pics from today!













1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting!!!!!!!! So proud of your little buddy!

    ReplyDelete